Shark is one of the top manufacturers of upright vacuums and the company behind the Navigator Lift-Away line of products.
As someone with a large home filled with pets and children, finding a good affordable vacuum is often hard. That is why I wanted to compare the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro NV356E and NV355 to see if the reviews are true.
While the NV355 has a HEPA filter and an option for cleaning bare floors, the NV356E edges out the competition because it’s lightweight and easy to use.
By the time you reach the end of this article, you might like the NV356E as much as I do.
In a comparison between the Shark NV355 and the NV356E, it’s clear that the NV356E is the winner.
This is the latest version of the Shark Navigator Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum and comes backed with both a five-year warranty and the customer support that you need.
You can get help assembling the vacuum or if you have problems in the future. The lightweight design and sealed canister with a HEPA filter only add to its great cleaning power.
CHECK PRICE HERE
The Shark NV356E is easily one of the best vacuums I ever used before. At less than 14 pounds with a lift-away design, I used it to clean under my living room furniture and then carried it upstairs to tackle my kids’ bedrooms.
The Shark Lift-Away Professional NV356E has a shutoff feature that turns off the brush roll to prevent damage to hard floors and a HEPA filter that removes more allergens than other vacuums.
It also has a sealed canister to lock the allergens inside that you can empty from the top or bottom.
- 2.2-quart dust capacity for more cleaning.
- The HEPA filter removes 99.9 percent of allergens from the home.
- Weighs only 13.7 pounds.
- 25-foot long power cord.
- Easily lifts away from the base for spot cleaning.
- Includes a storage bag for the attachments, including a dusting brush and crevice tool.
- It features a five-year warranty.
- Dust bin empties from the top or the bottom.
- Easily assembles when you follow the included instructions.
- Transitions quickly between different floor types.
- Includes two microfiber pads for bare floor cleaning.
- Lacks the attachment for cleaning hard floors.
- Some repairs require shipping or handling charges under the warranty.
- It doesn’t work well on plush and thick carpets.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro is a solid upright vacuum with a sealed canister to keep allergens from floating around your home.
It features all the tools and attachments that most homes need, including one that picks up pet hair and another that works in the tightest of crevices.
I also like that the dust bin empties in two different ways and how quickly it assembles. Shark charges for some of the replacement parts, even if those parts are covered under the warranty.
It’s still a good vacuum for the money though.
CHECK PRICE HERE
One important thing to know about the Shark Navigator Pro NV355 is that it’s an older version of the company’s Pro vacuum.
It is no longer available directly from Shark and doesn’t come with the customer service or support that you need, which can make finding Shark NV355 parts difficult.
I did like some of the features though, including the clear canister that helped me see when I needed to empty the canister and all the attachments.
The crevice tool was perfect for getting under the couch cushions, and the turbo brush removed dust I couldn’t see from my hardwood floors.
- It offers a steady stream of cleaning power.
- Sealed canister works with an included HEPA filter.
- It has a clear canister that lets you view the debris it picks up.
- Swivel steering helps you push the vacuum into corners and around obstacles with ease.
- It comes with a microfiber pad designed for bare floor cleaning.
- The vacuum works great on both tile and hardwood floors as well as laminate floors.
- Serves as a handheld vacuum for furniture and upholstery cleaning.
- Large dust bin capacity lets you pick up more debris.
- Slightly taller and thinner than the NV356E for better maneuverability.
- Includes a 30-foot long power cord.
- It comes with a dusting brush, crevice tool, upholstery tool, and a turbo brush.
- Costs less than the NV356E.
- Weighs more than 20 pounds, which makes it hard to carry.
- No longer available from Shark.
- Lacks some of the customer support available for the NV356E.
- Not as powerful as the NV356E.
The NV355 is the best Shark vacuum for pet owners because it comes with a turbo brush designed specifically for picking up pet hair.
It also comes with a microfiber pad that works great on bare floors. The longer and thin design make it easy to maneuver too.
The NV355 is larger than its competitor though and is quite heavy, which you need to keep in mind before buying it. I also wish that Shark offered more customer support.
Shark NV356E vs. NV355: A Quick Comparison Table
Shark Navigator NV356E
Shark Navigator NV355
Dust Bin Capacity
Choosing between the Shark Navigator NV355 and NV356E is difficult, especially if you see photos of the two models online because they look so similar.
Both come with a Shark Navigator Lift-Away manual that offers tips on vacuuming your home and putting together the Navigator that you choose.
When you get down to the finer details though, you’ll find that the NV356E is generally the better vacuum.
The main reason to buy the NV356E is that you’re tired of dragging heavy vacuums around your home. With swivel steering and weighing only 13.7 pounds, it can work in any room you need.
You can detach the vacuum from the base for convenient cleaning too. Thanks to the HEPA filter, you can remove the allergens that plague your loved ones and feel confident that the sealed canister will trap those particles inside.
It also with an eight-inch crevice tool for getting into tight spots and two microfiber cleaning pads that work on all types of hardwood floors. If you can afford the higher price tag, the NV356E is the vacuum to buy.
I recommend the NV355 for shoppers who want to save money and those who don’t mind investing in an older vacuum.
As Shark no longer sells this vacuum directly, you may have problems getting it repaired, but you will still get a solid warranty.
It comes with basic tools, including one for hard floors and an upholstery tool as well as a microfiber cleaning pad. At around 20 pounds, this vacuum is quite heavy and hard to get up the stairs.
If you want all the power of a Shark Navigator vacuum at a lower price, the NV355 might be the top choice for you.
Looking at Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro reviews is the best and easiest way to make sure that you don’t waste money on a blah vacuum.
Shark makes several models that it sells under the Shark Navigator Pro name, including the NV355 and the NV356E. Both offer the professional cleaning that most homes need, but the NV356E squeaks ahead in a direct comparison.
While this vacuum is a little more expensive, it features a five-year warranty and comes with tools designed for cleaning both floors and furniture. Some of those attachments pick up pet hair and reach deep into crevices too.
If you want to buy a solid upright vacuum, make it the Shark Navigator professional vacuum sold under the NV356E name.