I recently decided to try an upright vacuum to see if it could keep up with the demands of my home. After careful research, I selected the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360.
This vacuum has a lift-away design for removing the canister from the base to get to hard to reach spaces. It features a HEPA filter with a trap that both removes allergens and traps the particles inside. Weighing just 12.5 pounds, the NV360 weighs only 7.5 pounds when you use the canister alone.
- Allergen filter helps keep your home clear of particles.
- The included crevice and upholstery tools work great under and on furniture.
- Won’t leave you feeling fatigued because of its low weights.
- Has an 11-inch cleaning path to remove more debris with each pass.
- Functions as both an upright vacuum and a canister vac based on how you use it.
- May not work very well on thick pile carpets and rugs.
- Some debris can stick to the sides of the dust bin when you empty it.
- Hair can wrap around the brush roll.
Who Should Use This Product?
To give you the best Shark NV360 review, I wanted to first explain why I was on the hunt for an upright canister vacuum. I liked the idea of a simple vacuum that functioned in two entirely different ways.
The NV360 is a solid upright vacuum that uses swivel technology to ensure that it can get around corners and past obstacles, including the island in my kitchen and the large coffee table in my living room.
As a canister vac, it works just as well and gives my backrest to let me focus on getting under my couch and inside the vents without any struggles. I can use this vacuum on the floor and in other areas of my home.
Though you might do a quick Shark NV356e vs NV360 comparison before you buy, you should also consider who would benefit from this vacuum.
I recommend it for those who want a lighter vacuum that has strong suction. It’s also a good choice for those who hate emptying the dust cup multiple times as they clean.
With a capacity of 1.2 quarts, this vacuum can hold most or all of the debris that you pick up when cleaning.
I highly recommend this vacuum for those who are tired of doing routine maintenance too. You can easily find Shark NV360 parts online or direct from the manufacturer.
Thanks to the included warranty, you can let the manufacturer fix the vacuum for you. The manual walks you through how to put the vacuum together and includes some simple tips on using the vacuum also.
What You Should Know
Whether you want to know about the Shark NV360 filter or any of the other reasons to buy this upright vacuum, make sure that you check out all the top features below.
- The lift-away design removes the canister from the vacuum base for mobile cleaning.
- Weighs just 7.5 pounds when using the canister alone and 12.5 pounds when using the entire vacuum.
- The HEPA filter traps most of the pet and other allergens found in the average home.
- Seals around the canister ensure that the allergens remain locked in the canister and filter.
- Swivel steering lets you take the vacuum anywhere you need it without the roller sticking to the floor.
- Dust bin features buttons that detach it from the vacuum for easy dumping.
- The 5.5-inch crevice tool can get deep into your vents and other crevices.
- The upholstery tool is perfect for removing pet hair from furniture and beds.
- Includes a large dust bin that helps you clean more of your home at one time.
- The bagless design means that you never need to struggle with vacuum bags.
- Clear design shows you how much debris the vacuum picked up and when the dust bin is full.
- Good balance keeps the tools on the vacuum and stops it from tipping over.
- Smaller design helps the vacuum take up less space when you need to store it.
Find out even more about the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 on the official website.
My First Impressions
As a shopper in her 30s, I’ve had my fair share of vacuums over the years. Upon first glance, the NV360 looks similar to other Shark vacuum Navigator models.
Though it features tools and a long hose on the back, it has a nice balance that keeps it from tipping over. I also liked the clear design of the dust cup and how Shark made the buttons a bold silver color.
It took just under 30 minutes to assemble the vacuum with the included instructions found in the Shark NV360 manual.
While using the vacuum for the first time, I noticed that it didn’t run as loudly as my last Navigator did and that it didn’t leave behind cat hairs and other particles.
It was easy to run the vacuum along my baseboards. I also liked that it could detach the canister and use it separately.
The Use Phase
A good vacuum review isn’t complete without a look at how it functioned over time. The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 performed better than I expected.
As a pet owner and a parent, I need a vacuum that can clean up after my kids and also remove the dog and cat hair scattered around my home.
I used the vacuum once a week for four weeks and found that it did a great job of removing the debris that my old vacuum left behind.
Before using the NV360, I highly recommend that you open the dust bin first. Finding which button to use and then getting the canister back on the vacuum was a little confusing.
My main goal in buying a new upright canister vacuum was finding one that performed just as well as a canister vac as it did an upright vacuum.
I found that I preferred the lower weight of the 360. You can also check out my Shark NV360 vs NV501 comparison in the chart below.
Comparison Table for Shark NV360 vs NV501 vs NV352 vs NV356E
Yes, on the floor nozzle
Dust Cup Capacity
Yes, upholstery and crevice tools
Yes, pet and ergo cleaning tools
Yes, turbo cleaning tool
Yes, brush, hardwood, crevice and dusting tools
Thanks to features such as swivel steering and a HEPA filter, I give the Shark Navigator NV360 a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
It doesn’t get a perfect score because some hairs can wrap around the brush roll and it can stick on plush carpets. It’s well worth the price and is one of the best Navigator models available.
Buy the Shark Navigator Deluxe Lift-Away NV360 today to take advantage of all the vacuum’s great features.