I recently decided to look into all the hype of the robot vacuums when my vacuum was on the fritz. I have three dogs, so I needed a Roomba that can efficiently deal with pet hair and leave my house cleaner than the other vacuums that I have dealt with in the past.
After careful consideration of the robot vacuums on the market, the iRobot Roomba 890 robot vacuum was what I needed. So, I decided to make an iRobot Roomba 890 review to help you determine if it’s a good option for you to consider as well.
Product Name: iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum
The Roomba 890 is designed with pets in mind; it has a three-stage cleaning system that will help keep your floor surfaces clean, especially around the edges where a dirt ring can accumulate easily with other types of vacuums. It also has a highly-efficient filtration system that can capture up to 99% of all of the allergens in your home.
- It’s excellent at picking up pet hair.
- The app is very user-friendly.
- It has a 90-minute runtime.
- The dustbin holds a good amount of debris.
- It has a HEPA filter.
- It can have a difficult time cleaning thicker carpet.
- The dust bin sensor does not always go off.
- It can knock things over when it bumps into them.
Who Should Use This Product?
I purchased this product because the Roomba and pet hair removal are synonymous. Roombas also do a great job of removing the dander from the air, and the HEPA filtration system will remove any dust particles that are larger than 10 microns.
This will remove more than 99% of the allergens, so it’s a great tool for individuals with pets and allergies to have in their homes.
It is designed to work well on any type of flooring, so whether you have hardwood floors or carpet, the Roomba 890 will work for your needs.
What You Should Know?
Some of the features that you will grow to love on this device include:
- It has five times the suction power for improved performance.
- The three-stage cleaning system works well for dirt and pet hair.
- The cleaning heads can easily be adjusted.
- The dirt detects sensors will keep the high traffic areas of your home clean.
- The app can be used to schedule cleanings.
- It has a 90-minute runtime.
- Edge sweeping tools are rather effective.
- It works on carpets and hard floors.
- There is Wi-Fi connectivity on the device.
- It has a cliff detection sensor to keep it from falling down the stairs.
- The app will alert you when the dust bin is almost full.
If this list of features intrigues you, find out more on the iRobot website.
My First Impressions
When I first saw this product, I was skeptical about how well it would clean up the pet hair that my dogs leave behind, but after I tried it, I was amazed at the results.
I could really tell the difference in how my floor looked after cleaning it with my old vacuum compared to the Roomba 890.
The Use Phase
I used to believe that the higher the model number, the better the vacuum would be, but when I took a look at the Roomba 890 vs 960, I discovered that it does have more features, but they are not necessarily things that I need my vacuum to have.
In fact, these two specific models are actually not all that different. The batteries in the 960 will last a bit longer, but that is only required for larger homes that you need to clean all at one time.
It also can send out a clean map report through the app, and the 960 has a camera that will allow you to see how the floor looks when you are away from home.
When I used the iRobot Roomba 890 for about a month, I realized that these features are extravagances that I really do not need to have a clean house.
I even learned to love the product more as the weeks went by, mainly because it was so great at cleaning the edges of the space and getting the pet hair up with ease. In fact, after a few weeks, I even began to realize how much cleaner the air was because of the HEPA filter that is installed in this vacuum.
Here are some pro tips to help you maintain your new Roomba vacuum:
- Choose a model that works for your dirt load. A pet vacuum will be best for homes with animals living inside.
- Clean the vacuum every few uses so that it does not build up too much.
- Change the filter in the vacuum every two to three months.
- Clean the brushes from time to time.
- Replace the battery over time.
I really love my new Roomba 890! It is a great tool to use when you need to clean any type of floor, and Roomba 890 is very effective at cleaning up pet hair and debris from the carpet.
I find that if I just schedule the device to clean the space a few times a week, there will not be much dust, debris, or hair around when I am home for the weekend.
I can easily clean the space when I am away, and it will move around and prioritize the dirtier spots on the floor.
Roomba 890 Review Comparison Table
AeroForce Cleaning System
Home App Compatible
If you are looking for my opinion, I wrote this iRobot Roomba 890 review to give you an impression of how much I love the product.
It is not the perfect vacuum, but it is ideal for my needs. If I were to give the product a rating out of five, this Roomba would get five stars.
It is highly effective at getting pet hair up from your floors, and it can even easily clean up under your furniture.
In addition, It has a HEPA filtration system that is better for individuals to breathe, especially for someone who has asthma or allergies.