Cleaning is good but having to manually clean items such as a carpet can be a tedious task even for clean freaks. That is why the invention of a vacuum cleaner is such a convenience to most.
When out shopping for the various models, you can get confused owing to the many models available. Below are some factors that you need to put into consideration in order to pick the best vacuum for carpet.
Top 10 Vacuum Cleaners for Carpet – Easy Comparison Table
|#Model||TYPE||SURFACE AREAS||BATTERIES||ANTI ALLERGEN||PRICE|
|Shark NV356E||Cordless||Carpets, stairs,floor||No||Yes|
|Neato Botvac D80||Robotic||Carpet, pet hairs||Yes||Yes|
|Shark NV752||Cordless||Carpet, stairs, bare floor, pet hairs||No||Yes|
|Shark NV42||Corded||Carpet, stairs, bare floor, pet hairs||No||No|
|Oreck LW100||Corded||Carpets, stairs, floors||Yes||Yes|
|Roomba 880||Robotic||Carpets and floors||Yes||Yes|
|Shark NV501||Corded||Carpets, floors, stairs||No||Yes|
|Shark Rocket HV302||Cordless||Carpet, floors, pet hairs||Yes||Yes|
|Hoover UH71250||Corded||Carpets, floors,stairs||No||Yes|
|Dyson V6||Cordless||Carpets floors||Yes||Yes|
Full Review of Five Best Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet
The table above only gives a list and various features of the vacuum cleaners. So, what to look for depending on the carpet type among other considerations?
Below is a more in-depth review of the top five vacuums depending on their features.
Why do you need a vacuum for your carpet?
Before the advent of home vacuum cleaners, carpet owners were forced to wash their carpets manually. You can imagine how tasking that was, and in many instances, these carpets would not become very clean.
Now with a vacuum cleaner for your carpet, cleaning your carpet is not only easier but more efficient.
Cleaning your carpet using a carpet vacuum cleaner also helps to prolong the carpet life.
Furthermore, while the carpets may provide decoration and warmth, it is often difficult or almost impossible to remove the dust and pet hairs that so often fall on the carpet.
When such small particles wedge into the carpet fibers, they cause the carpet fibers to lose their strength, which deteriorates the carpet’s life.
In addition, accumulation of the particles causes discoloration of the carpet.No one wants a faded carpet or one that is not as striking as initially purchased.
To maintain the striking colors one needs to keep the carpet hairs perpetually clean.
Vacuum carpet cleaners are more than capable of removing these annoying particles from your carpet.
Another reason to purchase a vacuum cleaner for your carpet is to promote a healthy, sanitized living environment.
The particles left on the carpet such as pet hair or dust particles are severe allergens, which may affect the health of you and your loved ones if you decide to sweep rather than to vacuum the carpet.
Using a carpet vacuum cleaner will help ensure that none of these allergens are swept back into the air owing to the recent advent of HEPA filtration technology in the vacuum cleaners.
What to consider when buying a vacuum for your carpet
[su_note note_color=”#e3eeef” radius=”5″]
Choosing a vacuum for pet hair like any other product depends heavily on individual preferences. While choosing the vacuum cleaner one requires making certain considerations in order to make the cleaning experience less hectic if not downright painful.
Some considerations to make while purchasing a vacuum for your carpet include:
- The size of space you are vacuuming features on this list as an important consideration.
- When considering vacuuming for large homes, the large size vacuum is preferential.
- However, for small apartments, large vacuum cleaners eat up storage space and therefore the smaller size models would work the trick.
- The surface on which one is vacuuming is also a big consideration while scrolling through the carpet vacuum models.
- Different vacuums suit various carpet surfaces and having this in mind will help a lot while choosing a vacuum cleaner.
- Most houses have a prominent surface in them or a mix of surfaces.
- While choosing a vacuum for your carpet consider the different surfaces and any other additional areas.
- An all-rounded features vacuum would work best for the mixed surfaces.
- The top models also come with attachments and accessories to help with the special areas like the car or the curtains.
- The personal preferences also feature in this list. You will have to choose whether you want a vacuum with a canister, a hand-held one, or an upright one.
- Bagged or bagless, corded or cordless are also considerations you need to keep in mind while selecting a vacuum cleaner for the carpet.
- Many argue about the preference issue but eventually, it all rounds up to personal taste.
- The budgetary considerations are important while making any purchase vacuums included.
- The convenience of purchasing a vacuum at a low price puts you at risk of acquiring a poor quality device.
- On the other hand, purchasing a highly expensive model does not necessarily guarantee you a high-quality vacuum cleaner.
- You need to strike a balance between price and quality to find the right vacuum cleaner.
- It would serve a great purpose to check the vacuum’s specifications and feature thoroughly before making the purchase.
- You need to make The Choice between a Manual or robotic vacuum cleaner.
- Robotic vacuum cleaners seem too good to be true but for those who are into new tech, these bots will definitely impress.
- The consideration for your home layout is important while opting for a bot cleaner.
- The robot cleaners have no issue vacuuming open layout home spaces. However when your layout is cluttered robot cleaner could be stuck or fall over.
Other considerations include:
Durability is an important consideration in all home appliances. This saves you the hustle of making a second purchase and therefore saves you the cash.
Weight is another consideration while buying a vacuum cleaner for pet hairs. The heftier the model the cumbersome the cleaning becomes. It is understood that purchasing lighter models allow for better mobility.
Maneuverability is important to consider while purchasing a vacuum cleaner. Movements in the house or living space work better with a suited vacuum cleaner model.
HEPA anti-allergen filtration is a development in vacuum cleaning technology that would serve as an important consideration when selecting a vacuum cleaner. It is important for pet owners who suffer intolerances for pet hairs or dust. The relatively more expensive models come with the HEPA anti-allergen feature.
Those are top five choices for vacuum cleaners in different sub-categories as well as essential tips in selecting a vacuum cleaner. The best vacuum cleaner from the list is the shark navigator NV356E as it is handy on different types of floors and carpets.
This is important because it allows individuals to use the vacuum cleaner on the different surfaces in their homes. In addition, the vacuum is easy to maneuver owing to its 2 in 1 design.
Thus, you can separate the vacuum cleaner in order to get to those difficult-to-reach areas of your carpet. This article will prove highly instrumental on the next time you go out looking for a vacuum cleaner for your carpet.