Whether you are looking into a surveillance system for your home or business, you are going to want to find one that is packed with features that can keep you, your family, your employees, and your assets safe.
On the other hand, you may not want to go outside of your budget for features that you will never use.
Netgear has created a number of great options that you can consider, and in this Arlo camera review, we are going to take a look at two great security cameras to help you decide which is best for your needs.
In the battle of Arlo vs Arlo Pro, which security system will come out on top? In this head-to-head battle, we will compare these two products to see which one is best for your needs, and in the end, we will announce a winner.
Arlo vs Arlo Pro: Which Should You Buy?
In our Arlo Security camera reviews above for the Arlo and the Arlo Pro we have reviewed the specs of each, but how can you determine which one is best for your needs?
Of course, the Arlo Pro home security system is a newer model so it may have more of the features that you are looking for, especially if you are looking for a smart home device for your home or business.
To help you make the decision, let’s compare the products to see where they are similar and different.
Arlo vs Arlo Pro: Review and Comparision for Easy To Choose
The Arlo is a great bare bones security system that does not have a lot of extra features. It is a wireless system that is easy to install, and it is a budget-friendly option, but what about its performance? Let’s take a look.
The video that you will get with the Arlo will be in 720p HD quality with a field of view that spans 110 degrees. Motion detectors will scan the area, and when any movement is noted, a recording will begin.
These cameras also have night vision modes that make it easy to see what is happening in the dark.
The Arlo is designed to run with four Li CR123 photo batteries.
Typically, these will work well and give you plenty of use, but when the weather turns cold, these batteries tend to drain, which means that you will have to purchase new ones since they cannot be recharged.
The original Arlo was designed with motion detection instead of audio capabilities, which means that you will not be able to receive audio input or output on the recordings.
You will still be able to see what is happening, which may be all you need if you are looking for a simple security system.
There are a lot of new features on the Arlo Pro that were not available on the Arlo, which makes it a security system that you can use right out of the box.
Even with the higher price point, you will love this new generation. Let’s take a look.
The Arlo Pro is also going to give you a video that is in 720 p HD quality, but the field of view on this camera is actually 130 degrees.
In addition to motion sensors, this unit will also have audio sensors as well, so if anything out of the ordinary is seen or heard, a recording will be triggered.
There is also an alarm that will be triggered to scare potential thieves away.
The Arlo Pro uses 2440 mAh Lithium-ion batteries, which are more durable in cold conditions. In addition, these batteries can be recharged, so you will not need to replace them as often.
Even when the battery is low, there is a solar power option that allows you to keep surveillance on the area until you can replace them.
When the Arlo Pro was introduced, one of the new and improved features that were designed to make it an upgrade was the two-way audio options that are available on the device.
There is also a microphone included with this audio system that will make it possible to interact with a smart doorbell or another smart device.
- The images the recording are very clear.
- The Arlo is weather resistant.
- The Arlo is simple to install.
- Seven days of free cloud storage is included.
- The wireless range is over 200 feet.
- The video lag can be up to eight seconds long.
- The viewing angle is only 110 degrees.
- The batteries are not rechargeable.
- The images and sound on the recording are very clear.
- Video can be backed up on both the cloud and on a USB.
- The Arlo Pro is simple to install.
- You can watch recordings using the app from a remote location.
- The Arlo Pro is weather resistant.
- All recordings are limited to two minutes in length.
- The batteries do not last that long in high traffic areas.
- Live stream recordings must be recorded manually.
Easy Comparison Table for Arlo Vs Arlo Pro Security System
[table “65nbspcache_table_outputfalse” not found /]
Other Smart Home Device You May Like to Use
Arlo and Arlo Pro: Let’s take a look at some of the Similarities and Differences
- Both options are entirely wire-free systems.
- Motion alerts to send notifications when there is a threat.
- Water resistant devices.
- Compatible with a user-friendly application.
- Both can be set up easily.
- Both work well with products such as Smart Devices such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant.
- Both offer night vision.
- The batteries used in the Arlo Pro can be recharged, while the battery that is used in the Arlo must be replaced.
- There is a five-second difference in the response time of the two Arlo systems.
- The Arlo Pro has a sleep mode, which can help save battery life.
- The Arlo Pro has a siren that goes off when motion is detected.
- The Arlo Pro can work in both colder and hotter temperatures.
As you can see, the Arlo pro-security camera has a bit more features than the Arlo. This is because it was designed as a second generation for the company’s security systems.
If you are looking for more functionality, this is the option for you, but if you are working on a budget, then the Arlo may be an option that works for your needs.
In this battle, we are looking for a winner, so if you are looking at the features of these two products, the Arlo Pro comes out on top.
In the battle of Arlo vs Arlo Pro, The Arlo Pro is the clear winner.
The Arlo Pro gives you all of the features that you need for a security system right out of the box, and when you add the new features like the siren, the solar power, the USB storage, and the two-way communication, it simply stands out above the rest.